Monday, November 16, 2009

Open House, Rain, and Running...


So all week it was gorgeous out, starting last weekend. As soon as Open House came...Pouring alllll dayyy longggg. It was awful, but I should probably expect this now for Open House. It has been awful weather every year for Open House, and usually Showcase in the spring, too. Despite the weather we still had some troupers come out and visit us. Everything went pretty smoothly and we still had some pretty big tour groups. I'm guessing we were missing a lot of people who signed up though, thanks to the miserable weather.

In other news, I started running a couple months ago and recently decided to train for a marathon. I know what your thinking...I am absolutely insane. And I probably am. I was never a good runner, or a runner at all. But I decided to push myself and try to achieve this goal. Both my sister and brother have run marathons, so I figure if they can do it, so can I. I would love to run the Boston marathon, but I either have to qualify or get involved with a charity and raise 4,000 dollars. I am going to try to find a way to run Boston as a registered runner. If I can't I am going to run the Providence marathon in May. I started slowly, running for a half hour around the esplanade, a beautiful little park around the Charels river...and I have recently upped my mileage to about 8-9 miles, which takes me about an hour to do. Only about 18 more miles to go :) I will definately track my progress on here, and let you all know how I am making out, and how long it takes for me to want to quit. I have about 5 months to train, so hopefully I stay on track, especially with the holidays coming up. I found this blog, actually my mom sent it to me, about finding the will to run and the stuff that will keep you motivated. One of my favorite ideas is buying some new running stuff. This will make me excited to go out and run with some new gear. Going to get on that this weekend :)


I also just bought my winter ball dress! Tickets go on sale today! It is going to be at 60 state street, in the state room. This is one of my favorite Suffolk events, especially since I usually help out with decorating and/or planning for it.


Time to enter all those prospective students into the computer from this weekend!
Haley

1 comment:

Delia said...

This is so great! I want to run a marathon at some point in my life too. I am so proud of you for doing this. It shows that you have such a drive for something you feel passionate about! Good luck with everything and sometime if you need a running buddy I am there for you, I LOVE TO RUN :)

"The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Suffolk University."